Travel Health - Insurance
If you are traveling abroad for more than one year, the type of inurance you are looking for is called expatriate insurance in Canada. After searching for quite some time, we did find three candidates: Viator Gold by ETFS, a US insurance offered through Telfer, and Nomad by Ingle Health. 1)

Another option which may be sufficient for your needs is the travel insurance that may come with your credit card.

Be sure to understand the small print of your insurance policy document very well. If something is not clear to you, request a clarification in writing from the insurance company. You will feel much more comfortable - we certainly did. Our questions, however, may have been a little bit too detailed, since our insurance company contacted us to find out whether we were working for the competition!

1) For information purposes only - we do not endorse any of these three companies and products.